60 Acres is a King County Park located in the Sammamish River valley on the north side of Redmond. It is situated on
94 total acres, including 60 acres of premium athletic fields.
When configured for soccer, it is the largest soccer complex west of the Mississippi. It is operated and maintained through a thirty year use agreement between King County and Lake Washington Youth Soccer Association (LWYSA). Under the terms of this agreement, LWYSA bears the cost for all construction, upgrades and maintenance of 60 Acres, at no cost to taxpayers.
The park is divided into two major field areas, 60 Acres North and 60 Acres South. The complex includes twenty-five well-maintained grass fields used for a multitude of sports, activities and special events. 60 Acres was designed to accommodate exhibition games, tournaments, league games, special events, as well as camps and clinics. In addition 60 Acres hosts a variety of passive uses including model airplane flying, rocketry and Frisbee to name a few. Accompanying these fields are paved and gravel parking lots, restrooms, and a covered picnic area. 60 Acres is situated next to the Sammamish River Trail (a popular hiking and biking destination) which connects the Eastside's and Seattle's many popular recreational, dining and lodging facilities.
FAQ's at a glance:
- 60 Acres Park is subject to all applicable King County Parks Regulations.
- The park is open to athletic use from approximately 6/01 to 10/31 each year. This period is defined as “open season” All organized athletic use must be scheduled.
- The park is open to compatible passive use year round except during scheduled athletic use.
- Pets are not allowed within the fence boundaries during the open season. During the open season, pets are restricted to posted areas only.
- In allowed areas, pet use is subject to King County regulations, including all pets must be on a leash, and all waste must be properly disposed of.
- Paved parking lot adjacent to the trail on 60 Acres South is for trail users only. Athletic users are to park in the parking lot on the east side of the complex.
Contact Us: 12525 Willows Road NE, Suite 100 Kirkland,
Phone: 425-821-1741 / Fax: 425-820-0702
Office Hours are Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Friday is by Appointment Only. Our offices are closed in December